FATHER OF LIGHTS versus father of lies.


GOD is the FATHER.

The devil, aka Satan is the father of lies.

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning” (James 1:17).

There is only “one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ” (Ephesians 4:5-7).

At many points during his time here, in exchanges with unbelievers, Jesus said, “I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. They answered and said unto him, ‘Abraham is our father.’ Jesus saith unto them, ‘If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father.’ Then said they to him, ‘We were not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.’ Jesus said unto them, ‘If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me’” (John 8:38–42).

Jesus went on to say, “Ye are of your father the Devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it” (John 8:44).

They then answered Jesus, “Art thou greater than our father Abraham, who is dead? And the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?” (John 8:53).

Jesus replied, “Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad” (John 8:56). “Then said the Jews unto him, ‘Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?’” (John 8:57).

Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am” (John 8:58). Jesus then said, “He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God” (John 8:47). “I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins” (John 8:24).

“The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel” (Mark 1:15). “I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance” (Luke 5:32).

“Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish” (Luke 13:3).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

God is Good. “THERE IS NONE GOOD BUT ONE, THAT IS, GOD:” (Matthew 19:17), says Jesus, the Only Begotten Son of God.

The POWER OF GOD and HIS ONLY BEFOTTEN SON (Genesis 1:1-31) (John 1:1-4, 14, 3:16-18): Human beings who die in JESUS CHRIST NEVER SEE DEATH: BELIEVE THIS! (John 8:51, 10:19, 27-30).

Give God the FATHER THANKS for ALL THINGS and for giving his ONLY BEGOTTEN SON (John 3:16-18).